Easy Content Producing with WordPress
WordPress is an easy-to-use, multifaceted content control system, and it’s easy to learn to use it. Despite the easiness, it’s important to know the correct techniques and best practices in publishing in order to get everything out of your website. During the WordPress for content producers course you will, for example, learn to create articles and format content, import pictures, videos and attachments on the page and link content to social media channels.
During the WordPress for content producers course we will concentrate on functions related to content producing, no code knowledge is required.
During the WordPress for content producers course you will learn to
- Format pages
- Add blog posts
- Manage media libraries
- Produce quality content on the Web (pictures, videos, files)
- Understand features of themes and plug-ins
- Utilise social media in your publications
This course is aimed at all web content administrators, such as marketing and communication professionals, who update and create content on websites executed with WordPress platform. Learning on this course takes place hands-on.
It is enough to have general computer skills and know the basic terms of the Web. Teaching is based on existing features of WordPress and visual tools.
WordPress – the Most Popular Publishing Platform in the World
WordPress is the most popular publishing platform in the world, and over 20 % of the world’s websites have been executed with it. WordPress is a free publishing system based on open code that has thousands of active developers and professionals developing both the system and its plug-ins. It’s a safe choice for the future: it has also been chosen by many big companies, such as The New York Times, CNN, Forbes, Reuters, GM, UPS, eBay, etc.
- Existing features
- How themes and plug-ins change WordPress functionality
- Formatting features of themes
WordPress administration Dashboard
- Structure and content of administration panel
Pictures on websites
- Picture files
- Properties of a good picture
- Preparing pictures
- Adding media files
- Managing pictures
- Formatting pictures
- Selection and attaching to the content of the site
- Text formatting, use of content editor
- Importing content from other programs
- Pictures and media; settings
- Categories and tags
- Status of publication
- Timing of publication
SEO – better visibility on the Web
- Hints for producing content
- Sharing content
- Utilising social media
- Visitor analytics